According to a report from MyNewsDesk:
- Brand-created Facebook posts that include images earn 87% of all engagement.
- Tweets with images earn nearly 20% more clicks, nearly 90% more favorites, and 150% more retweets.
- 480 pixels wide and max 480 pixels high is optimal for most social media.
- Typically you don't have to write any text in a post, so the created picture can stand on its own, but if you want to make a clickable link you need to add that as text.
- Avoid content longer than a normal screen, as e.g. Twitter will scale down such pictures, worst case making them unreadable.
- If you insert an animated GIF or embedded video it will become static, as the generated picture is always in PNG format.
- If you copy content from another site, it's likely that images won't show due to cross domain restrictions. To solve this, download the images and then upload them to Picit.
- Bootstrap CSS classes can be applied to the content.
- You are fully responsible for using content that you are allowed to use.